This role will be pivotal to the organization and its accounting needs. We are looking for someone that wants to develop their role at our company and make it their own in the iGaming industry.
This role will be the starting point of the finance department and the main finance person for Digital Gaming Corporation’B2C in the USA. You would need to be a generalist, starting very operational handling everything from preparing financial statements, budgeting, forecasting, handling monthly, quarterly and annual closings, as well as providing financial advice to support our company’s decision making. This opportunity presents with the possibility of growing a team within the organization and we are looking for someone who wants to develop their career with us.
The Finance Manager will be report to the Chief Financial Officer and work together with the rest of the management team and business operations.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Leadership and Overview of Finance Department
o Manage relationship authorities and relevant finance suppliers.
o Establishing and maintaining supplier accounts and monitoring customer accounts for any provisions.
o Work with all levels of management, including executives and consulting with key business stakeholders
o Keeps leadership and other departments informed of status of activities and of significant events and problems by attending meetings, submitting reports, and meeting individually as necessary.
· Reporting and Accounting
o Performing day to day accounting tasks including invoice processing, journal and bank postings, revenue reconciliations.
o Record, classify and summarize financial transactions and expenditure in accordance with accounting principles.
o Assist with the submission of payroll.
o General ledger overview
o Trial balance management
o Preparation and reconciliation of bank statements as required.
o Providing financial reporting and assistance to Management Team and as well as other functions within the Group on ad hoc queries, tasks, etc.
o Detail review of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet.
o Responsible for the monthly and annual processes to close the general ledger and generate financial reports.
o On a monthly basis, participates in the month end process of reviewing preliminary financial statements with department heads and resolves any unknown or unexplained items, acting as a liaison between accounting and operations.
o Prepare prepaid and accrual expenses schedules, fix assets depreciation, payroll booking.
· Finance Control and Procedures
o Assist with building the financial department, its policies and processes.
o Improve and automate existing manual processes in line with the needs of the finance department.
o Evaluate processes to improve efficiency that would result in cost savings and greater accuracy.
o Contributes to departmental effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues and goals, recommending courses of actions, and implementing directives.
o Assistance with training on the financial reporting systems in co-ordination with the outsource partner
· Budget Oversight
o Provide FP&A insights, monitor budget vs actual and keep a close eye on day to day spending.
o Prepare monthly and quarterly financial packages, reviewing and investigating material variances vs budget, forecast, and the prior year.
· Corporate Governance
o Performs all functions in accordance with applicable Gaming Control Board, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Digital Gaming Corporation policies and procedures.
o Work with internal audit, internal compliance, and independent public accountants and various regulatory agencies including the Gaming Control Board and Internal Revenue Service.
o Ensures and maintains a system of internal controls for all departments and administrative controls as related to team members, policies and procedures, NRS, Regulations, MICS, and ICS
o Formulates and administers approved accounting practices throughout the organization to ensure that financial and operating reports accurately reflect the condition of the business
o Resolves and reviews issues affecting Company compliance, legal requirements and customer/company objectives
· Statutory and Tax Duties
o Support the statutory audit process and preparation of audit files.
o Overview of the preparation of monthly betting taxes reports and authority / casino reporting.
o Responsible for all tax filings with regulatory agencies.
o Preparation with audit file with the assistance of the outsource partner
· Management of outsource agreements and intergroup relationships
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
· BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPA) is advantageous
· A minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience in accounting or an accounting related field
· Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
· Prior experience with Microsoft Business Central would be a preferable
· Prior experience with Navision would be preferable
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Strong business focus with the ability to provide data driven business insights and recommendations
· Knowledge and ability interpret and evaluate internal controls and extensive experience in writing financial and internal control procedures
· Demonstrated ability to apply analytical reviews and ability to interpret significant data relationships
· Previous gaming industry accounting experience is preferable
· Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Excellent communication skills, customer service and team oriented, self-starter, and professional maturity
· Strong organization, analytical, and problem-solving skills and exhibit composure and professionalism while under pressure
· Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting constant deadlines and maintaining strong attention to details
· Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, both written and verbal forms
· A professional demeanour and attire is to be maintained at all times
· Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to working independently with little to no supervision
· Must be able to perform in a team environment
· Possess the ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of staff and leadership
· Must have exceptional time management skills
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
· Regularly required to talk or hear.
· Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms.
· Occasionally required to stand; walk.
· Occasionally required lifting up to 25 pounds.