Marlin Communications (Marlin) is a creative agency based in Redfern. We are a full-service agency exclusively working with charities, causes and not-for-profit organisations.
We’re here to do good.
Every day at Marlin we work to uplift communities, protect native species and find solutions to disease. Our work helps our charity partners raise vital funds for their causes. And we need a UX/UI designer who wants to help.
We are looking for a mid-level UX/UI designer who has a strong eye for development. A good understanding of HTML/CSS is vital and a desire to learn technical languages we use to build our custom web applications will be highly desired.
You are an excellent storyteller who uses the latest trends and techniques in web design to deliver web projects that meet our client’s objectives in a user-centric way.
We work with around 30 Australian and New Zealand organisations; including Vinnies, The Wilderness Society, ChildFund Australia, Bush Heritage Australia and the Refugee Council of Australia. We help them to develop websites, custom web applications to run their fundraising and marketing campaigns, execute direct response advertising, and fundraising and marketing campaigns (both online and offline) and more…
Marlin is a rare organisation – a strategically-led company wholly dedicated to doing good in the world. It’s complex and beautiful work.
Skills & Requirements
What we are looking for:
- You have strong English skills (fluent)
- You have at least 3+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer or similar position working in an agency environment.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated experience using HTML/CSS in previous roles.
- Knowledge of PHP/Laravel will be an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrated experience of responsive or mobile device design
- Employ UX/UI best practices and fuelled with the latest trends and techniques.
- Experience with working directly with web developers for the implementation of design
- Demonstrated ability to use a range of wireframing tools (such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Adobe Xd)
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, InDesign.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Ability to design around development requirements. You are not only an artist but also think of design from a development perspective.
- You are a self-starter that loves solving problems and learning something new every day
- You are calm and collected under pressure
- You can multi-task and manage your time well, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience with using Jira/Confluence and WordPress would be highly regarded.
- Be able to work as part of a team structure dealing with multiple environments, Git repositories and custom frameworks.
Your Major Responsibilities:
- Participate in project requirements and definitions in collaboration with strategists, project managers, account managers and web developers
- Produce high-quality UX design solutions through prototypes/wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, ideation, storyboards, user stories, user interface design and site maps.
- Front end development (HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Jquery)
- Conduct workshops, quantitative and qualitative data collection, user testing, persona research, implementation planning and project management.
- Design UI elements and tools such as navigation menus, search boxes, tabs, and widgets.
- Test UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Collaborate with client teams and internal/external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the user.
- Provide advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behaviour.
- Adhere to style standards on typography and graphic design.
If you are interested in the above position and you think you have what it takes for this exciting role please send your CV along with your salary expectations to the following email address email@example.com.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.