Nestlé Group is currently seeking an Assistant Accountant to join our strong financial team. Nestlé enjoys a reputation as one of the world’s largest FMCG companies and we are driven by our purpose – enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. We’re committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed. Nestlé consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and Ready Refresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions. Our inclusive and high performance culture is a testament to the great training, development, rewards and recognition we extend to every member of our strong global workforce. In a role that offers broad exposure to the financial services within a complex, global FMCG, this is a fantastic opportunity to build your knowledge and launch a long-term career in finance. Joining a collaborative team environment, you will enjoy a role that is a mix of routine activities, ad hoc queries and on-going projects. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter with their recent CV/Resume immediately. Only successful applicants who meet Nestlé’s job requirements shall be contacted.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Providing financial support to a variety of internal stakeholders.
• Supporting the monthly book close process.
• Preparing journals accurately and on time.
• Reviewing and performing GL account reconciliations and ensuring the timely resolution of issues.
• Assisting with invoice, payment queries and transactional issues.
• Working closely with business partners to support and action finance services tasks and Decision Support initiatives.
• Close collaboration with NBS counterparts on day to day operational issues.
• Analysing data, compiling information and preparing reports pertaining to statutory and internal requirements.
• Adhering to standards set by Best Practice, Nestle Accounting Standards (NAS) and Nestle Control Self-Assessment Tool (NSAT).
• Monitor all Bill to Cash daily operations and close follow up with sales, finance and supply chain teams.
• Give support to internal/external audit and monitor payment operations
• Preparing team meetings and training plans for accounting team.
• Timely and accurate reporting of financial data for all legal entities under Nestlé Group.
• Perform general bookkeeping, invoices, and other statements
• Coordinates with Auditors.
• Maintain financial reports, records, and general ledger.
Key Requirements and Skills:
• Diploma/University degree preferably in Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Economics or related discipline.
• Preferably has (2) year experience in General Accounting, Bookkeeping, Finance, and Payroll
• A strong problem solver.
• Ability to tailor communication to suit related audience and stakeholders.
• Initiative to identify process improvements whilst promoting best practice.
• Updating departments’ procedures and guidelines.
• Intermediate Excel skills essential; previous experience with SAP will be highly regarded.
•Sound knowledge of accounting principles and technical proficiency.
• Fluent English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially in Excel
• Experience using SAP and/or financial planning systems would be an asset.
• IT & System Operation knowledge.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Attentive to detail and has the ability to multi-task.
• Strong analytical skills.
About Nestlé Group
Nestlé has been founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world’s largest FMCGs Company, and a leader in nutrition, health and wellness with revenue of 91.43 billion CHF (2018). We have around 328,000 people and some 418 factories in 86 countries around the world. Above all else, we make sure that our workplaces are safe and healthy for the people who work there. Nestlé’s existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives. We are a people-inspired company. People are at the heart of everything we do. We look to promote a healthy lifestyle inside and outside work. We believe a strong Multinational diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business as we strive to continuously hire and retain best talents around the world. We help our employees make more informed decisions about their own health, take personal responsibility and choose to live and work in a safe and healthy way.