An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Unilever PLC, a world leading global FMCG Company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Omo, Persil & Magnum, etc. are currently looking for a Company Secretary. The main purpose of the role is to support both the Head of Secretariat and the Assistant Secretary to deliver key administrative deliverables such as the release of required stock exchange announcements and circulating and filing of minutes for subsidiary companies. It also ensures that the advice and service provided is closely co-ordinated and on a holistic basis. No matter who you are, or where in the world you are, the chances are that our products are a familiar part of your daily routine. Look in your fridge, or on the bathroom shelf, and you’re bound to see one of our well-known brands. We create market and distribute the products that people choose to feed their families and keep themselves and their homes clean and fresh. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 150 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. We believe that the passion of our employees is our strength and this is what drives us towards outstanding performance. We aim to provide people over the world with products that are good for them and good for others. Our vision is to develop new ways of doing business with the aim of doubling the size of our company while reducing our environmental impact. Our brands are trusted everywhere and, by listening to the people who buy them, we’ve grown into one of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies. In fact, 160 million times a day, someone somewhere chooses a Unilever product. Interested applicants should urgently submit their recent CV/Resume and a cover letter as instructed accordingly. Only successful applicants who meet Unilever’s corporate requirements will be contacted.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Telephone, Diary/ Calendar and Stationary Management.
• Dealing with company/staff insurance policies
• Meeting co-ordination, managing contractual arrangements with suppliers/customers.
• administering pension schemes and share issues
• keeping a register of shareholders and liaising with them on behalf of the company.
• Managing the corporate office and maintaining current awareness about company law.
• Conferencing e.g. venue co-ordination, invites, accommodation, transport arrangements.
• Post and Courier: sending, receiving and distributing of mail.
• Meeting scheduling: prepare meeting documentation and arrange catering.
• Minute taking and correspondence of relevant meetings.
• Travel: Arrange local/international travel logistics, assist with relevant applications and documentation – passports, visa’s, verify health requirements of destination e.g. vaccines.
• Office environment: maintain office equipment, and arrange for cleaning with Drake & Skull.
• Expense claims: compile and process.
• SAP: create purchasing orders / GRNs.
• Capture team sick leave (Head office only).
• FRC meeting management: logistics and co-ordination.
• Management of docufile: request and sign for necessary files.
• Trigger MLJ (Mover/Leaver/Joiner) process.
• Co-ordination and collection of money for gift / team functions.
• Providing support to committees and working parties such as the Board of Directors etc.
• Implementing procedural/administrative systems.
• Providing legal/financial advice during and outside of meetings.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
• Diploma or University degree in Business, related Management or Engineering.
• +2 years’ Experience working in a Company Secretarial Department/Capacity will be an advantage
• Intermediate and advanced skills working with the Microsoft Suite including word and Excel
• Ability to work independently.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• A strong objective analytical frame of mind.
• Strong Inter personal skills
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills and an ability to engage clearly and effectively with all stakeholders and employees.
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to anticipate needs and solve issues proactively.
• Proficient & broad understanding of secretarial, admin and 3rd party providers.
• Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines.
About Unilever PLC
Unilever is a leading international consumer goods manufacturer with amazing brands, dynamic people and a sustainable vision. The company sells food, personal care products, detergents and household cleaners in over 190 countries, which are used by around 2.5 billion consumers every day and employs more than 161,000 people worldwide. Unilever includes some of the world's most famous and popular brands such as Knorr, Bertolli, Lipton, Dove, Shower Dax, Ax, Rexona, Coral, Omo, Langnese and Ben & Jerry's. Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We are one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies. We meet every day needs for nutrition, hygiene and personal care with brands that help people feel good, look good and get more out of life. If you are ambitious, keen to learn and want lo lead, you have come to the right place. Apply to be part of a company with more than 400 brands used by over two billion people everyday. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability