· Solid understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology (such as requirement, analysis, design, data modeling, business process modeling, implementation and deployment).
· Extensive experience in gathering Business/Functional user requirements, creating Use Cases as per user requirements, developing/designing diagrams such as Activity, Class, and or Sequence diagrams, and in addition to creating Business Requirements Document (BRD).
· Proven ability to Work with cross- functional team, manage timelines and competing needs, and manage multiple deadlines.
· Strong expertise in health insurance claim process, Social services, Medicaid and banking.
· Good in requirement gathering including joint application development and requirement analysis.
· Experience in writing use case and functional requirement documents.
Strong experience in preparing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Use Case Specifications, Functional Specifications.
Performed rules analysis to ensure data integrity as per business policy.
Experience in business requirement analysis, use case development, UML process modeling.
Interacted and clearly communicated with all levels of project development team, from end users to software architects, technical leads, and database and system administrators.
Well- versed in creating wireframes using Excel & Visio for screen Mock Ups.
Experience in formulating Business processes, System requirements and design reviews.
Well acquainted with Workflows and (UML) (Unified Modeling Language) diagrams such as, Use case diagrams, activity diagrams and Sequence diagrams.
Defined and documented custom reports based on the business requirements, modified existing reports based on the GAP analysis between new requirements and existing reports.
Worked with designers, database developers, and DBA to identify performance issues.
Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills promote understanding and introspection, ability to clearly articulate time lines and drive compliance with process and schedule.
· Expertise in using Clear Case for version control of all development (code and non-code) artifacts.
· Extensive experience in using Clear Quest for issue and defect tracking, deployment request tracking and change request tracking.
· Expertise in handling issues and getting it solved in a quick and efficient manner.
Requirements Tool: IBM doors, Requisite pro and quality center 10.0
Reporting Tools: Crystal report, Business Objects
Microsoft Excel: Pivot table, Macros
Software design/Data Modeling Tools: Rational Rose, Clear Quest and Microsoft Visio.
Database Concepts: Oracle, MS SQL Server, RDBMS, MS Access, Oracle databases.
OS: Windows, Linux, UNIX, Red hat, Solaris
SE2 (Security Benefit), Kansas Oct 2016 – Present
Sr. Business Systems Analyst
The project at Se2 involved working with life and annuity products, policy admin platforms, insurance and financial services and broker dealer communications. The project also involved working with commissioning systems and client policies or claims. Worked on the front-end and back-end requirements, development on various projects like New product (Assured Income), Correspondence, GTP – Global trading platform, Orion, IVR etc.
· Acted as BA lead and gathered requirements through stakeholder interviews, client meetings and agile sessions.
· Worked on business artifacts like BRD, FRD, Test Cases, data mapping, etc.
· Created RFPs for IT service projects and worked with the stakeholders and finance department on refining the project budgets and costs.
· Ensured that processes and projects are documented and complied regularly to maintain highest standards of business process.
· Created statement of work (SOW), estimation documents as part of Project planning, resource and capacity estimations and work planning.
· Used MS Project to assist the Project Manager in managing project resources for the development team.
· Performed bi-weekly project quality reviews and escalate any functional quality issues or concerns to PMO.
· Delivered track and monitor reports for the team during project implementation and managed requirements, identified task dependencies for different project teams.
· Conducted weekly team meeting to discuss the current task status and upcoming tasks for the coming weeks and created reports for stakeholders and PM.
· Created task reports and defect triages, communicate with clients and stakeholders.
· Assisted internal and external business partners/clients and IT personnel to define and refined business requirements and support operational processes exclusive to insurance and business process management and facilitate the requirements gathering process.
· Worked on FAST and Life Cad policy administration platforms.
· Worked on Team Foundation Server i.e. TFS setup and used it to manage requirements, documentation, release notes, testing artifacts and source control.
· Used Visual Studio for database branching and release version source control.
· Tested and managed new solutions or processes, worked with Delivery Quality team for testing and data quality measurements.
· Used SQL for verifying Business Rules.
· Documented system functions to support development activity and operational processes using SharePoint.
· Effective project management skills and ability to understand Insurance terminology, insurance practices/processes and business trends.
· Identified changes in scope & managed the requirements change control process and represented the team at the Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings.
JPMorgan Chase, Brooklyn, NY June 2015 – Sep 2016
Sr. Business Analyst
· Completed the initial documentation necessary to begin application architecture and design
· Identified high-level requirements to help the cost estimation for the project.
· Involved in the meetings with Internal Business Groups and Application Owners, to identify the gap between the current and proposed system.
· Documented the requirements using the appropriate templates (Functional Requirements, Combined Business Requirements Functional Requirements, and Requirement Traceability Matrix).
· Responsible for gaining approval of the requirements deliverables from the identified business and IT approvers.
· Reviewed the requirements with the business group.
· Work with key project stakeholders (external & internal) on initial requirements, design, documentation and scope of the project
· Liaison between developers and stakeholders. Ability to translate business requirements into something developers understand as well as the ability to translate questions the developer has to business
· Work with project team to validate requirements, design and analysis models
· Involved in the meeting with Application Owners, Quality Managers for Requirement gathering in Definition Stages.
· Work with Architects to finalize business rules
· Verify business rules match the customer requirements
· Reviewed the requirements with business group.
· Worked closely with the teams and understand the AS-IS and TO-BE models to identify the Business Requirements
Environment: – Windows XP, MS Word, MS Access, MS excel, MS Project, MS Visio, SQL,UNIONS,, Clear case, and Quality center.
Capital One, Baton Rouge, LA September 2013 – May, 2015
Sr. Business Analyst
· Gathered business requirements by participating in JAD sessions, interviewing business users and stakeholders, conducting one to one sessions and consulting existing systems documents.
· Understood problem definition through one to one meetings with data architect, enterprise architect and solution advisors.
· Project was implemented using the agile methodology to produce artifacts in the different phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Participated in daily Scrum Meeting to discuss the progress of the project and steps needed to meet the deadlines.
§ Participated in Business Process Design discussion and Brainstorming sessions.
· Created and maintained Work Flow diagrams including Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, and Sequence Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams using MS Visio.
· Created Need Analysis Documents of the requirements gathered through JAD and JRP individual elicitation sessions using MS Word.
· Created and updated the Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Specification Document.
· Created wireframes and UI Mockup Screens using MS Visio.
· Collaborated with quality Assurance Analyst in Rational Clear quest to track defects and used Rational Clear Case to maintain consistency in the builds, also worked with Quality Center.
· Maintained document repository on Knowledge link to ensure that any change to the system’s documents is communicated effectively to the entire team and business users in a timely manner.
· Researched, analyzed, and determined appropriate course of action for complex practices, procedures and problems using User stories, creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams and Workflow diagrams. Extensively used MS Visio for UML methodology
· Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) that controls numerous artifacts produced by the teams across the deliverables for a project.
· Involved in Test Planning, Test Preparation, Test Execution, Defect Logging and Tracking in Quality Center and Issue Resolution and Report Generation to assure that all aspects of a Project are in Compliance with the Business Requirements
· Utilized SQL to query tables for creating data design documents.
· Generated reports using SSRS.
· Involved in analysis of the technical specifications of the current system and the infrastructure needs performed GAP analysis.
· Ensured all applications were tested for functionality and were adequately controlled in production.
· Monitored the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and reported various concerns by the users.
· Maintained warehouse metadata naming standards and warehouse standards for future reference for application development using MS Excel.
Environment: Windows XP/2000, Rational suite (Requisite pro, Rational Rose, Rational Clear Quest), MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook).
ESPN, Bristol CT August, 2011 – October, 2013
· Interacting with stakeholders, gathering requirements, rating them and assigning priorities to each of them.
· Conducted JAD sessions for effective communication of views between stakeholders and gathered business requirements.
§ Communicated and interacted on a regular basis with the project manager and development team during different stages of the product life cycle
· Ensured that all the artifacts are in compliance with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines,
· Prepared BRD and converted into functional specifications (FRS) using requirement management tool
· Created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams
· Designed Data Flow Diagrams (DFD’s), Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD’s), and web page mock-ups using modeling tools.
· Provide technical and procedural support for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
· Helped the business to articulate and prioritize their ideas, while using the Rational Unified Process (RUP) and writing UML-based feasibility studies and Use Case Models to communicate those ideas to the developers.
Environment: MES, Honeywell ERP, MS Visio, Windows OS, UNIX, ER Win, Waterfall
PUBLIC CONSULTING GROUP, BOSTON, MA January, 2010 – August, 2011
· Performed Requirement Gathering & Analysis by actively soliciting and analyzing customer requirements.
· Documented business process work flows, system work flows using Visio and created use cases using blueprint Requirement tool.
· Coordination of numerous project initiatives including: System conversion and integration of a behavioral health acquisition, preparation of numerous RFP responses, other system initiatives related to case management, Provider management, eligibility management, claim processing, and prior authorizations.
· Implemented automated COB Processing of Medicare claims info Facets.
· Developed UML use case model for the application using MS Visio and assigned to prepare the detailed work flow diagram base on the proposed enhancement for the system.
· Create and maintain use case, visual models, including activity diagram, logical Business process models, and sequence diagrams using UML.
· Successfully defined and implemented Project Management Process and Procedures based on BABOK, and PMBOK for multiple groups.
Environment: MMIS, SharePoint, MS Excel, TFS, Agile, Mainframe, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, Quality center, UML, ETL, MS Office suite, MS Visio 2003, EDI Transactions, Business Policy documents
Bachelors in Computer Science