I am a well-organised and driven professional from South Africa with over 20 years’ experience in Business Development Management, Research and Development Management, Marketing and Sales Management, under-ground Mining and Mining Contract Management with expertise in increasing performance, productivity, profitability and Customer service through the provision of effective management and product development within the mining industry.
· I am looking to secure a challenging new role where skills, knowledge and previous experience can be applied.
· I need to be employed in a temporary, part time or permanent role.
· I am currently living in Australia, I want to work and live anywhere in the United States of America.
March 2014 to March 2016
Business Development Manager
New Concept Mining
As a Business Development Manager, my key function is to identify sales leads, pitch new products to current and new clients and maintain a good working relationship on all levels.
Market research, customer needs, wants and changes in current market trends,
Following up new business leads/opportunities and setting up presentations,
Planning and preparing presentations,
Communicating new product developments to prospective clients,
Overseeing the development of marketing literature,
Providing management with feedback Build and develop trusting and lasting relationships with key decision makers,
Increase market share through building lasting relationships with customers,
Drive sales, increase market share, nurture current customers and sustain growth.
October 2010 to February 2014
Research and Development Manager
New Concept Mining
Managing the Research and Development functions with broader company strategies as directed by Management
Responsibilities will include:
Identification of unfulfilled customer needs with focus on opportunities for new products and improvement of existing products,
Clarification and specification of product performance and safety and legal requirements in accordance with customer needs,
Manage project approval process, including completion of Project Proposal Forms, product specification, budget costing,
Management of RnD resources (engineers and technicians) to ensure effective management of RnD activities and timely achievement of project milestones and product implementation,
Improving co-operation between sales team and RnD department to improve project effectiveness,
Managing product testing process including laboratory and underground testing,
Managing product approval by customers and subsequent implementation and roll-out of new products,
Managing the introduction of new products into production and distribution,
Customer liaison including, specification of product, regular project feedback and implementation,
Managing regular product performance testing,
Compilation and regular updating of product information such as Product Performance Specifications, Risk Assessment Guidelines, Product Information Files and other relevant documentation,
Observe existing products in use by customers,
React on customer and employee feedback regarding products.
September 1991 to September 2010
Business Development Manager
· Marketing & Sales,
· All facets of selling and marketing of company products including accurate forecasting and stock control, within the mining industry,
· Oversee Webinars on Web design,
· Identifying new opportunities for existing products and new innovations in the industry,
· Identifying opposition and understanding their products and influences in the market place (Strengths & Weaknesses)
· Be aware of company objectives,
· Ensure Sales and Technical Staff provide the best backup and sales service possible,
· Always keep financial objectives in mind,
· Assist with sales accounts queries,
Mine Overseers Certificate – Department of Mineral Resources 28/07/2010
Pilots Licence – Civil Aviation Authority of South Africa 01/12/2014
Sales Advantage – Dale Carnegie 25/11/2008
Explosive Blasting licence – Department of Mineral Resources 20/10/1987
Site Safety Certificate – Narbil Australia Training & Consulting Services 02/08/2017
Projects, product developments and Marketing, my area responsibility of over the last 8 years:
A Hydraulic props and self – auditing systems for hang wall/roof support – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Blast on yielding reusable, remote installation and release systems
2. Blast on yielding sacrificial, remote installation
3. Interlink systems for tunnel support
B Timber elongate hang wall/roof support – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Yielding timber props
2. Remote pre-stressing systems
3. Auditing systems
C Temporary steel/timber support – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Generating 5ton pre-load
2. Remote installation and release system
D Steel pre-stress devices and self-auditing systems for hang wall/roof support – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Sacrificial yielding elongate timber
2. Sacrificial timber crib
3. Sacrificial yielding steel prop
4. Remote installation systems
E Cementitious pre-stress devices and systems for hang wall/roof support – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Non-weeping sacrificial timber crib
2. Weeping sacrificial timber crib
F Cable anchor development (Reactionless system) – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Hang wall support
2. Side wall support
3. Post installation grouting systems
4. 10ton pre-stressing system
5. Auditing systems
6. Civil Engineering High wall consolidation
G Aerial cover (Netting) concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Arresting ability of Rock Falls between 450kg and 2000kg
2. Minimum deflection design
3. Reinforced systems
4. Interlinking systems
5. Installation tensioning systems
H Fall of ground early warning systems – concept, design, proto typing, testing, introduction, marketing and roll out.
1. Live systems
2. Sending messages
3. Stopping underground traffic when required
1. Optimizing manufacturing systems, both manual and robotic.
Key I.T. Skills:
All latest MS Office, email and internet applications
Driver’s license; full clean licence, Private Pilots Licence