Over 8 years of IT experience in DevOps/Build and Release Engineer in automating, Configuration Management, Infrastructure Management and Cloud Computing Technologies.
Strong understanding of various SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile.
Expertise Configuration/Release/Build Management on both UNIX), Rational Clear case, Subversion and GIT.
Proficiency in using cloud computing tool like AWS, CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Perforce, GIT and Rational Clear Case on UNIX and Windows environment.
Expertness in using Build Automation tools and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city, Quick Build, Build forge, Maven, Gradle and Ant.
Expertise with UNIX and shell Scripting.
Automated provisioning of Amazon AWS instances
Experience integrating JIRA with Subversion, Bamboo, Fisheye and Confluence for the change management process
Expert in installing and configuring Continuous Integration tools such as Bamboo, Build Forge, AnthillPro, Cruise Control, Hudson and Jenkins for build and deployment automation
Developed Puppet modules to automate application installation and configuration management.
Created CM Plans and Test Plans for Applications. Experienced in trouble shooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in JBoss and Tomcat as well.
Experience in automated builds using TFS team build .net build for .net applications.
Experience in configuring network services such as DNS, NFS, TCP, SMTP, NTP, DHCP, LDAP.
Good command in working with Tracking Tools JIRA, Bugzilla, Remedy, Service Now.
Knowledge on Vagrant, Docker based containerization environment delivery for releases.
Experience working with various AWS Services like EC2, ECS, S3, Cloud Formation, IAM etc.
Linux (RedHat4,5,6, CENTOS&SUSE), Ubuntu (16.04 LTS, 14.04 LTS, 12.04 LTS), Solaris (10/9/8), Windows NT (2003, 2008, 2012)
Nagios, Splunk, Netcool, Keynotes, Zabbix, Solarwinds
GIT, SVN, Subversion
Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Ant, TFS build
AWS (EC2, ECS, S3, Cloud Formation, IAM, etc…), Azure, Heroku
Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby, Python, PowerShell.
MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server
Bachelor of Engineering and Technology- JNTUH
Client: CDK Global, Hoffman Estates, IL Oct 2016 to till date
Role: Sr. DevOps Engineer
· Launching Amazon EC2 Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
· Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
· Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch.
· Fabricated a new automation platform based on Ansible and Rundeck.
· Experience in setting up Kubernetes cluster to orchestrate Docker container deployments to on premise virtual infrastructure. Experience in setting monitoring for Docker containers running on Kubernetes using Prometheus and Sysdig
· Involved in the installation and configuration of Nginx as a web server.
· Experience with Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml
· Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
· Developed custom automation build system using Hudson and TFS Build on Team Foundation Server.
· As a TFS admin, helped team for security related issues in TFS. Also, worked on service desk tickets.
· Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
· Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
· Extensive usage of Tortoise SVN in windows environment for version control activities.
· Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and Bamboo.
· Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible.
· Experience in setting up in-house PaaS (Platform as a Service) solution using open source kubernetes.
· Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started, Jenkins, our Continuous Integration server, automatically attempts to build a new Docker container from it, The Docker container leverages Linux containers and has the AMI baked in. Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI’s to a single bare metal host running Docker.
Environment: AWS, AWS IAM, AWS S3, AWS cloud watch, Nginx, ANT, Maven, Tortoise SVN, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Java, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Junit, Cucumber, Json, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, TFS, PHP, Ruby.
Client: Ebay Inc, San Jose, CA Oct 2015 to Sep 2016
Role: DevOps Engineer
· Production support on Linux Systems in a 24/7 production Environment to maintain all servers and applications.
· Hosted and Lead proof of concept kickoff meetings on client sides.
· Wrote and used Puppet Modules to deploy applications on production environment and related configuration to ensure they get to production on time.
· Developed new Modules and Manifests files for installation of OS and custom written software packages using Puppet.
· Configured security for Puppet users and generated reports for higher management on the status of environments. Tested Puppet modules with rspec-puppet and Docker containers before uploading to puppet server.
· Worked on .NET and deploying the files in the framework applications by using IIS.
· Configured WebSphere and Apache Tomcat servers to suit application requirements.
· Manage code repositories in SVN by creating, deleting, merging and securing projects in a proper structure for all releases.
· Experienced in build and deployment of Java applications on to different environments such as QA, UAT and Production.
· Implement new build automation solutions for new products and provide ongoing support and administration for software build and build automation using ANT, Jenkins, Maven and Shell Scripts.
· Worked on creation of Multiple Servers in Linux machines using Chef on Azure.
· Developed Chef Cookbooks from the scratch to automate the entire deployment process as well as the infrastructure.
· Experience with version control, branches, pull requests, branch policies, and automated build processes in TFS.
· Performed System Maintenance using TeamCity.
· Ability to build scripts using Perl and Shell Scripting.
· Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Perl, Ruby, and Shell to automate jobs
· Configuring Layer 2 Switches on interfaces connecting to F5 devices, also spanning vlans/networks and port channels. Migrating the configuration between the Hardware Modules of F5, Working with F5 Support in-case of bugs and RMA’s.
· Creating and Managing virtual machines in Azure and setting up the communication with the help of endpoints and updating the instance counts in the production.
· Worked on day to day tasks using JIRA and resolved tickets using Service Desk
· Maintained the code repository, perform and administer the database and configure TFS
· Worked on different Cloud Stack Integration test framework.
· Worked on storing Build and Deploy Logs and Data in PostgreSQL
· Worked on Nagios, Splunk as Infrastructure Monitoring tool.
Environment: TFS, SVN, Chef, Puppet ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Azure, IIS, Shell scripts, Teamcity, PostgreSQL, JIRA, Service Desk, Splunk, Nagios.
Client: The HOME Depot, Atlanta, GA Oct 2013 to Sep 2015
Role: DevOps Engineer – Configuration Management and Automation
· Experienced in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Release Management Practices.
· Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java based project by using Jenkins and Maven
· Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various WebLogic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
· Experience in administering JAVA and C++ applications.
· Creating builds using Bash scripting, ANT/Maven scripts to manually updated and automated.
· Involved in setting up builds using Chef as a configuration management tool. Extensively used Ruby scripting on Chef Automation for creating cookbooks.
· Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration and Delivery.
· Established Chef best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with Vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
· Work with QA to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
· Rundeck as deployment tool and BMC Remedy as Ticketing Tool
· Managing Daily Builds, Weekly Builds, Nightly builds and Builds on fortnight basis.
· SVN administration like give access for branches and SVN repositories.
· Creating SVN repositories and give access rights to the authorized developers.
· Implemented Maven builds to automate JAR/WAR files and Develop automated deployment scripts using Ant/Maven and Python to deploy war files, properties file and database changes to development server or QA server and Staging/Production server.
· Tuned application configuration to support optimize performance per developer.
· Evaluated and implemented internal and third-party tools for appropriateness, ease-of- use, scalability, robustness.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Rundeck, Ruby, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, Chef, Python, Remedy, JBOSS.
Client: Elastic Computing Solutions, Inc, India Oct 2012 to Aug 2013
Role: Build & Release Engineer
· Build Engineer for a team that involved two different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
· Generated ANT, UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments
· Worked on Migrating source code from CVS to SVN, Administrating the source code control and automation of builds.
· Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
· Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts
· Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
· Designed Clear Case branching strategy and implemented Clear Case environment per the needs of the release management.
· Designed infrastructure for ClearCase UCM and Base Clear Case.
· Deployed using Admin console into WebLogic Application Servers
· Responsibilities also included performing daily builds for managing in the System test and UAT environments.
· Involved in installation, configuration and maintenance of Rational ClearCase on Windows and Unix environments.
· Used ANT for building the applications and developing the build scripts.
· Responsible for maintaining build scripts and checking build status.
· Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans.
· Interact with the System Administration Engineers in issues relating to Hardware and Networking.
· Coordinating different tasks with different teams, e.g. for creating usage models for different project, coordinating code movement from different projects in Clear Case.
· Change and Configuration Management analysis, design, developing, implementation, and Administration of client server and web based applications.
· Established and implemented Change Control standards for different tasks.
· Used Hudson to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
· Deployed applications into web application servers like Web Sphere.
Environment: Unix, Windows, CVS, SVN, Rational Clear Case, Hudson, Clear Quest, ANT/MAVEN, Web Sphere.
Client: Virtusa Hyderabad, India Apr 2010 to Sep 2012
Role: Build Deployment Engineer
· Experience as Rational Software Development Life Cycle Engineer.
· Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and Shell.
· Modified build configuration files including Ant’s Build.xml.
· Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
· Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin of Java projects and managing Maven repositories.
· Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins with Maven/Hudson.
· Configured and maintained AnthillPro to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
· Managing the code migration from TFS, CVS and Star team to Subversion repository.
· Created repositories according the structure required with branches, tags and trunks.
· Configured application servers (JBOSS) and WebLogic Servers to deploy the code.
· Worked with the developers to configure plugins through Eclipse to develop the code.
· For check in process used Tortoise SVN as a migration tool.
· Utilize JIRA for issue reporting, status, activity planning, tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: ANT, AnthillPro, Web logic, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Windows XP, SQL, and Oracle.
Client: Tarantula.net, Hyderabad, India June 2009 to Mar 2010
Role: System Administrator
· Managed Windows Server 2008 Domain Controllers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
· Created clones and templates of Virtual Machines.
· Managing VM’s (Desktops) in VIC (Creation, Deletion), VM Snapshots (Add/Revert/Remove).
· Access and Delegation of VM’s using VMware View, Installing and configuring WYSE Thin Clients.
· Migration from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008. Deployment of remote AD controllers.
· Creating users in active directory, creating and maintaining GPO’s as per requests.
· Installing and configuring OS, Apps and Network Printers.
· Support disaster recovery plans, creating ghost images of workstations prior to upgrades.
· Logs file analysis using the Event Viewer and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Environment: Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, VMware, VDI, GPO, Help Desk support.