· Technically competent Graduate Mechanical Engineer /MBA with successful career span of over 18 years in managing design & development/ production / quality assurance-control /inspection functions with renowned engineering organizations. Currently associated with NESCO LTD. (Indabrator Division) as Manager – Design.
· Demonstrated professional excellence in production/ development planning, process engineering, quality assurance, resource balancing, and cost reduction, to achieve desired production, quality and productivity objectives.
· Proven record of conducting inspection of incoming, in-process and finished materials to ensure strict adherence to quality parameters. Adept in Introducing process improvements / controls to eliminate bottlenecks and process losses to maintain desired operational efficiency.
· Acknowledged strengths in designing and development of new products, finalizing drawings etc to attune the products in consonance with market feedback.
· Sound decision-making skills and multi-tasking ability with strong record of delivering superior performances under high pressure environment. Thriving in a deadline intensive environment and up scaling capability levels continuously. Effective team leader, trainer and motivator with urge to excel in competitive scenario.
Key Strength Areas
● Design & Development ● Production Planning/ Control ● Quality Testing ● Inspection ● Process Enhancements ● Cost Control ● Marketing /Business Development ● Workforce Management ● Cross Functional Coordination
- JULY 2008 - JUNE 2011 MBA IN OPERATIONS
- 2002 - 2006 B E MECHANICAL
B & B POLY TECHNIC
- JUNE 1995 - DEC-1998 DIPLOMA MECHANICAL
- JUNE 1994 - APRIL 1995 SSC
INDABRATOR A DIVISION OF NESCO LTD
APRIL 2008 - CONTINUE
• Manager a engineering team about eighteen employees in estimation, APC system, Machine building and Design development team.
• Referring customer Purchase order/ technical specification to issue Design details & drawings to facilitate development and delivery of product delivery within defined schedules setting up effective coordination with production, planning and purchase sections as well as client.
• Coordinating with client at site to provide needed knowhow and assist in fitment of machines.
• Resolving difficulty of Project engineer in drawings related issues.
• Machine design and drawing as per international standard like DIN, ASME, ISO, IS, ASTM etc… with respect to all safety standard and easy maintenance of machine. If special requirement of customer, then try to understand and ready to fulfill it.
• Driving initiatives to foster Design & Development for new job / Products. Maintaining regular coordination with suppliers to accelerate new job /product development / project implementation.
• Seeking technical clarifications against tenders and securing customer’s approval of drawings.
• Playing active role in improving product quality through re-engineering of old machine in co-ordination with production department.
• New product development, prototype, Value engineering, Cost reduction of machines etc…
PRAYAS ENGINEERING LTD
JAN 2003 - APRIL 2008
SR ENGINEER QUALITY CONTROL
• Carried out Inspection of finished & semi finished parts by visual, dimensions, & Geometrical methods. Tested Raw materials as per Din Standard for physical and chemical properties.
• Effectively maintained various Instrument & Gauges to ensure consistency of test results. Repaired various mechanical instruments like Micrometer, Vernier Caliper, Bore gauge, Dial Gauge and checked the instrument by standard sticks or Slip gauges thereafter.
• Developed the -Go & No Go gauges- for proper inspection and minimized incidences of rejection and reworking , purpose such as Ring gauges; Plug gauges; Snap Gauges; Groove width measurement gauges (Filler gauges); Gauges for Key way width measurement; Air – Gauges for external and internal measurement for low tolerance limit (like in micron).
• Conducted analytical reviews of the following aspects every month end for corrective and preventive action to improve quality & Productivity ;
Rejection analyses for man, machine and material
Rework analysis for man and machine.
Analysis of utilization hours for machine (Break down hours of machine)
Analysis of absenteeism of operators ‡.Performance analysis of operators
Insert consumption analysis
Cycle time analysis for part of machining on CNC Turning / Machining centre.
• Acquired extensive expertise in CNC machine (Turning centre and Machining centre) programming including – ISO Programming – Fanuc Control; Mazatrol Programming; Operating Function.
• Acted as Auditee and Auditor ISO Procedure. Maintained all documents and forms as per ISO procedure like stage inspection report, final inspection report, calibration certificate, calibration traceability certificate, Test report for raw material (Physical & Chemical property), Rejection and rework analysis report, Non confirmation report, etc.. as Auditee. As Auditor, checked all traceability from start to end for a department, assessed conformance level and provided suggestions for improvement.
AIR MARSHAL ENGINEERING
FEB 2002 - NOV 2002
• Steered Design, Drawing, Estimation and costing.
• Develop market in various fields like foundries, Cement, Sugar, Mining etc…….
• Develop agents in various industrial sectors.
• Provided technical support to Production & Erecting and commissioning departments.
HI SPEED TURBODRIVES
JULY 1999 - FEB 2002
• Spearheaded marketing operations in North Gujarat Generated Inquiries & Submitted quotations, and participated in negotiation meetings to finalize orders. Gathered customer feedback after sales and service and provided suggested to improve product quality and productivity.
• Set up a strong network of dealers in the assigned territory for comprehensive market coverage.
• Built and maintained good business relations with existing customers and dealers.
• In addition performed activities relating to Design, Estimating and costing.