Haatso | +233 (0)543232610 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.linkedin.com/in/jmbsimpson
Recent graduate in law with two and half years’ experience in administrative work, legal research and case analysis. Possesses excellent team-playing skills, planning and organizational skills as well as written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated history of organizing events with an attendance of up to about 10,000 people. Seeks to contribute to strategic goals by offering excellent administrative support to organizations.
Bachelor of Laws (LL. B) Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi.
September 2014 – June 2018
W.A.S.S.C.E (General Arts) Holy Child School, Cape Coast.
October 2010 – May 2013
• Technical Skills: Case Analysis, Research, Interviewing, Report writing, Transcription. • Technology-based Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, Digital Marketing.
Operations Officer, (Internship) HMI Management Services, Accra.
January 2020 till date
• Creation of account for new clients • Reviewing KYC information and approving account creation • Created and drew up an implementation plan for a tertiary students’ financial literacy competition • Worked in collaboration with 12 interns to draw up a plan and structure for subsequent internship programs.
Graduate Legal Intern,
E.L Agbemava Law Office, Accra.
August 2019 – October 2019 •
Conducted legal research for 2 contract and labour cases as well as 3 land cases within a space of two months. • Collaborated with two lawyers to conduct interview sessions for 7 new clients and produced a six-page report per client as basis to initiate court processes.
Assistant (National Service), Parliament House of Ghana, Accra.
September 2018 – July 2019
• Coordinated the receipt and distribution of up to 60 letters in a week and their corresponding weekly updates in the letter database management system. • Worked closely with the Deputy Clerk of Parliament by producing two-page reports each for 3 parliament sessions every week. • Planned and executed the State of the Nation Address for 2019 in collaboration with 12 colleagues which saw to the attendance of the President of Ghana, 300 Statesmen, 14 Media Houses and 600 people as general audience. • Collaborated effectively with a team of 4 to ensure timely distribution of about letters to about 30 government officials every month to provide clarity on issues raised in Parliament.
Legal Intern, E.L Agbemava Law Office, Accra. June 2017 – August 2017 • Developed a comprehensive case report that served as a foundation for the final court addresses of the lead counsel to assist the Judge to pass a final decision. • Conducted legal research with a colleague intern for 5 cases in two months to fast track cases and arguments preparations.
Legal Intern, Kweku Addeah Law Office, Accra. June 2016 – August 2016
• Developed comprehensive 1-page reports for various court proceedings to efficiently track their progress. • Conducted legal research with a team of three interns for 6 cases in two months to aid the speedy progression of case preparations.
Administrative Assistant, My Redeemer School, Accra. September 2013 – July 2014 •
Led the printing and distribution of examination papers to about 500 pupils on 10 teaching subjects with zero incidences of leaks. • Improved financial transparency and accountability by executing weekly bank deposits of funds and spearheading the documentation of all transactions.
LEADERSHIP ROLES / VOLUNTARY WORK
Programs Coordinator, Charismatic Youth Movement, Accra. December 2017 – December 2019 •
Led the planning and execution of 12 programs on different themes with an average turnout of 80 people. • Headed all five 4 -member committees and align their actions with the vision of the group. • Managed online visibility of the group on Facebook, Instagram and the fellowship’s website. • Designed and edited visuals to aid in the promotion of events internally to about 120 members and externally to an online community of 600 people.
• Coordinated and scheduled meetings with about 3 external resource persons every month to facilitate organized programmes.
Campus Representative, Loverealm Incorporated, Kumasi. January 2017 – May 2018
• Achieved a 75% success in downloads by spearheading the promotion of the loverealm mobile application to about 1200 students. • Collaborated with a team of 25 students from Intellecto Ghana to plan and organise a music and drama concert within three months with about 10,000 guests in attendance.
Law Christian Fellowship, KNUST, Kumasi. Vice-President
October 2016 – October 2017 • Led a team of 7 to raise GHS 2,500 fundraiser in two months; this helped organise logistics for a carols service program with an attendance of about 1,200 students. • Drove a team of 5 students to raise GHS 8,000 in 2 months for the organisation of a team bonding event that saw an attendance of 800 students. • Collaborated effectively with the president to inspire a team of 13 executives towards achieving the objectives of the Law Christian Fellowship. • Coordinated all administrative duties of the fellowship including the development and distribution of proposals and letters and served as a point of contact to all guest speakers.
October 2015 – October 2016 • Coordinated all correspondence and letters of the fellowship in consultation with the President. • Served as secretary for all 5 committees of the fellowship and produced meeting minutes within 48 hours. • Developed program outlines for all fellowship activities including weekly meetings.
Assistant General Secretary
October 2014 – October 2015 • Spearheaded documentation of minutes in weekly one-hour executive meetings. • Assisted the General Secretary in records and documents management of the fellowship.
REFERENCES Available upon request.