Determined graduate Civil Engineer with essential background knowledge in structural design, drafting and site supervising. I am also proficient with various computer software. I am a quick learner who can easily adapt new concepts and I am always looking to improve my skills and qualifications. I work well under pressure and I require minimal supervision to carry out professional tasks. I can communicate effectively with clients and employees, and I work well with any team I am placed in and I am resourceful and driven when it comes to achieving goals. . I am interested in all industries comprising civil design and construction; though i am open to all fields of engineering. I am currently working towards a Masters Degree In Civil Engineering. I am willing to relocate locally and Internationally.
My Key skills are as follows:
· Civil Structural design
· Material, construction, and labor cost estimates
· Computer Skills ( MS Office suite)
· Technical drawing (AutoCAD)
· Time Management
· Problem solving
· Public speaking
Westville Boys High School
NSC Grade 12
GPA 82.4%. Awards obtained: Certificate of achievement for Academic Half Colours (2013), Certificate in communication and public speaking -Toastmasters (2012).
University Of KwaZulu-Natal
- 2014-2018 BSc Civil Engineering
2018/01 – 2018/04
• Installation of fiber optic cable networks at various sites.
• Site establishment: Utilized eThekwini GIS to locate site constraints and underground utilities.
• Ensuring correct construction procedures were followed from start to finish, this included; marking of site constraints, initial excavation of trenches, placement of HDPE pipes, covering of trenches, compacting and performing SPT tests.
• Sustained safety protocols ensuring proper, cost-effective and safe handling of equipment and materials. Maintaned good working standards and adhered to deadlines
SHAH Consult cc
2018/12 - 2019/03
• Office Building 6 Spencer road: Design of concrete structural components (walkway ramps, slabs and staircases) for a 3 storey building.
• Praise Church SA: Assisting with the design of a mezzanine floor, interior columns and staircase.
• Drafting of structural components and bending schedules using AutoCAD software as well as inspecting existing drawings for accuracy and errors.
• Formulation of a bill of quantities (BOQ) on MS Excel to provide estimates of construction material and costs.
• Conducted inspections at all sites. Liased with construction staff to evaluate progress and discuss operational issues.
Private Academic Tutor
• Provided Mathematics tutoring lessons to students from grades 9-12. Interacted with parents, students and co-workers to build support networks and enhance student success.