NEENAH, WI 54956
Network Applications Administrator & Software Support Specialist
Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients
Detail-oriented computer professional with a diverse background using, maintaining, and upgrading PCs (software and hardware). Extensive customer service and client relations experience. Strong communication, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills. Excellent written and communication skills with advanced mechanical ability. Microsoft Certified Professional.
FOX VALLEY TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Appleton, WI
DESKTOP SUPPORT ADMINISTRATOR 2011 – 2016
Maintained previous duties and expanded role to support, customize, and deploy college-wide application software. Supervised and trained interns. Administered and supported network applications, licensing, and file servers.
– Administered network accounts and group policies using Active Directory, deploying and maintaining in compliance with enterprise security standards for all Windows and mobile devices, and retaining sensitive data securely.
– Researched, recommended, and implemented software and hardware technology, maintaining stable and secure network.
– Collaborated with software / hardware vendors (sales representatives, technical support, and field engineers), researching, testing, troubleshooting, and maintaining existing, new, and emerging technology. Recommended implementation of innovative computer technologies.
– Supported, maintained, monitored and upgraded all base operating systems (OS) and software images for both student and staff desktop / laptop installations, ensuring optimal operations.
– Partnered with desktop support team, ensuring software was being correctly deployed and configured to workstations. Provided cross-training and documentation.
– Set-up, maintained, and provided level 1 and 2 support for PC and mobile devices, including troubleshooting, repairing, and upgrading services for hardware / software issues, preventing lack of usage and providing high level of customer service.
– Gathered requirements for desktop applications and automated installations, requiring little to no end user interaction. Assessed and deployed patches and fixes to OS and applications.
– Analyzed and troubleshot hardware, software, and network-related issues encountered by end-users of district network, internet, and computer technology, resolving in a timely manner.
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR / APPLICATIONS TECHNICIAN 1999 – 2011
Designed, administered, troubleshot, and maintained district-wide computer network and provided technical support to customers. Participated in on-going development of computer and network policies and procedures for district. Assisted departments or groups with specialized software. Oversaw, trained, and mentored interns.
– Maintained college-wide application software (PeopleSoft, Exchange, Microsoft Office, Antivirus, SQL Server, Web), resolving all issues with complete follow through.
– Monitored network performance and server health, making repairs / adjustments when needed.
– Set-up, maintained, and supported mobile devices (laptops, tablet PCs, smartphones, iPads / tablets, and wireless devices), providing training and instruction to staff on optimal usage.
– Built and maintained network backup systems, mass storage devices, and network file / application servers, ensuring continual operations.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
CAP GEMINI AMERICA, INC., Appleton, WI
IT COMPUTER CONSULTANT
ADVANCED CIRCUITS INC., Denver, CO
PITNEY BOWES INC., Denver, CO
CUSTOMER ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE
– Bachelor of Science (BS), Psychology, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA, completion expected 2018, currently Honors student
– Associate of Arts and Science (AAS), University of Wisconsin, Menasha, WI