Become a Data Collector that contributes to entering information into a database and ensures that your data collection sources are accurate. Data collection is the process of gathering and measuring information on variables of interest, in an established systematic fashion that enables one to answer stated research questions and evaluate outcomes.
In this project, Appen collects Turkish speech data to train and develop artificial intelligence algorithms that will be used to develop speech recognition technologies.
We are looking for individuals in Turkey who will read and record short prompts using our Appen Mobile application.
The quest contains a total of 1000 short sentences that you have to read on a screen and record using the Appen Mobile app. You only need to follow the sentences written, you do not need to create your own sentences.
Example of a sentence you should read: Okay Alexa, I need instructions to work.
Each sentence will only last an average of 3 to 6 seconds. In total, please take 5 hours for 1000 records. Of course, we recommend that you take a break and we will give you at least 7 days to complete the task.
- -Owning a new smartphone;
- iOS device must be iPhone 8 or newer
- Android devices must be 2017 or newer
- – Must be a fluent Turkish speaker residing in Turkey
- – To be able to record in a very quiet interior, away from any background noise
If you are ready to take part in this interesting audio recording task, let’s get started! Help improve AI technology through data collection!
What to expect when you register:
- Create an Appen Account
- Choose Turkish (Turkey) as your primary language
- Complete your profile and project registration [5 min]
- Study the provided guidelines [at your own pace]
- Agree to confidentiality and ways of working rules
- Pass the quiz
Thank you and we hope to work with you soon!
Appen has a diverse, inclusive culture that is vital to our mission of helping build better AI. We offer opportunities for individuals of all abilities and backgrounds.