- Assist in clay model development and determine the best tools and techniques to deliver accurate execution within timing and Studio constraints.
- Interface with all levels and functions of the Design team.
- Ability to deliver a finished clay model to specification using all required tools.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment with continuous change and a willingness to learn new skills.
JOB EXPERIENCE FOR CLAY DESIGNER/ SCULPTOR:
- 2+ years work experience in automotive clay modelling.
- 2+ years of experience in physical surface development utilizing clay modelling techniques.
- 2 years of experience in model setups, armatures, milling, and procedures to deliver the finished model with speed and accuracy.
- A Diploma or Degree in automotive clay sculpting is mandatory.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS FOR CLAY DESIGNER/ SCULPTOR:
- Clay modelling techniques.
- Use of clay modelling tools.
- Use of basic equipment knowledge of vehicle systems and setups.
- Use of designing softwares Alias, Catia and AutoCAD.
- Prior experience in Clay modelling, prototyping, foam modelling, metalworking and woodworking.
- Flexibility to work extra hours and weekends as required.