Century City, Cape Town
As an entry-level software developer, you will work collaboratively with product designers and other software developers to design and create new software modules, enhancements, and features for Thumbzup’s payment platform.
1. Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement requirements on our core platform backend
· Troubleshoots production problems related to existing software applications
· Researches, designs, develops, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of software products based on business requirements
· Consults with delivery and project teams to identify application requirements
· Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
· Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports
2. Academic & trades qualifications
Degree or sufficient experience in Programming, Computer Science, or related IT field
· Prefer applicants have 1-2 years of experience in Java and Java EE or Spring technology.
· Prefer applicants proficient in SQL and experience with at least one major database system (MySQL/MariaDB, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
4. Soft Skills:
· Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively on a team.
· Good verbal and written English communication skills to work with colleagues and stakeholders.
· Adept at research. This means knowing how to ask questions, who to ask, searching online for help, and applying new knowledge.
· Conducts self in a professional manner and adheres to company procedures and policies.
· High integrity, honesty, and customer service when interacting with employees, prospects, and customers.
· Be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
Please email resume with copy of qualifications, cover letter and a recent photo to cv(at)thumbzup.com with REF: JDev2